Tucson Medical Center Expansion
Pedestrian and vehicular bridges, road construction, building pads, parking lots, underground utilities (hot/chilled water lines) all while maintaining day-today hospital operations and emergency access.
Location: City of Tucson, Pima County, Arizona
Construction Cost: $3.5 M
Owner: Tucson Medical Center
Project Delivery: DBB
Scope: Site work, earthwork, paving, underground drainage, structural concrete, and utilities
- 2011 Outstanding Medium-Sized Project, presented by Arizona Public Works Association
Improvements enhanced multi-modal access to critical locations within the hospital site.
- Extensive coordination to maintain access and operations at the existing hospital during construction
- Significant investigations into existing utility locations and resulting modifications in conjunction with site improvements
- 20,911 square yards of asphalt paving
- 6,444 linear feet of dry and wet utilities
- Single span box-beam bridge