Red Rock Village Infrastructure
This project consisted of installing the necessary infrastructure for a new 1500 lot subdivision. The project’s magnitude and extreme utility depth were efficiently constructed with Borderland’s vast array of specialized equipment and dedicated workforce.
Location: Red Rock, Pinal County, Arizona
Owner: Pulte Homes
Project Delivery: DBB
Scope: New infrastructure for a new 1500 lot subdivision.
Borderland’s Komatsu PC1250 trackhoe excavator weighs in at 244,000 pounds and is capable of digging an 8-feet wide flat bottom trench at a depth of 37’-9”. The PC1250 proved effective at installing new sewer lines at depths that exceeded 32’ and has the horsepower to easily relocate 30,000-pound shoring boxes. In addition, Borderland fabricated specialized shore box trailers to quickly and efficiently move shoring along excavated trenches.
The project provided new housing and community amenities for a fast-growing area between Tucson and Phoenix metropolitan areas.
- 6325 LF of 15”–18” diameter PVC sewer (depths ranging from 28’-32’)
- 45 new 60” diameter coated sewer manholes
- 120 new 48” diameter sewer manholes
- 34,830 LF of 8”-12” sewer lines
- 41,396 LF of 8”–12” diameter water lines
- 44,245 LF dry utilities
- Various sized storm drains
- Mass grading and construction of future subdivision lots